What makes our courses different?
This programme is designed for students of English who would like a more language intensive experience. English friends join the overseas students for a minimum of 15 hours per week. Students on our English Friends programme speak a lot more English than on other standard courses through their interaction with local teenagers:
- Get to know your English friends sessions
- Communication games
- Communication oriented activities and excursions
- Morning lessons with an English friend
This video shows our initial “Get to know your English friends” session. In this case it is our older students. One or two overseas students chat to an English friend for 5 minutes before passing on to the next English friend and so on. This activity breaks the ice and gives the international students an indication of which English friends they might like to spend time with.
- Get to know your English friends sessions – One or two overseas students chats to an English friend for 5 mins within a formal framework before passing on to the next English friend and so on for the afternoon. This activity breaks the ice and gives the international students an indication of which English friends they might like to spend time with.
- Communication games – Groups of overseas students and English friends play board and communication games specifically chosen to encourage dialogue.
- Communication oriented activities and excursions – Activities are chosen according to how much language the overseas student will be exposed to. Listening to instructions is vital to being able to complete the activity. Excursions are chosen purposely to create opportunities for interaction between the English friends and the overseas students.
- Morning lessons with an English friend – Lessons are centred around task based learning. We bring English friends into some classes to provide a more authentic setting increasing motivation and encouraging communication.
We also run an Intensive version of the English Friends programme. This is identical to the standard English Friends programme but with a maximum of 5 students per class and a higher ratio of English friends per student.
Download our English Friends brochures:
What is the English Friends programme?
English Friends programme summer 2016:
- English Friends programme 12th – 26th June (Intensive course) – Coming soon!
- English Friends sample programme 3rd -24th July 2016 (Ages 13 – 18)
- 2016 Activities 13-18
- English Friends sample programme 3rd -17th July 2016 (Ages 13 – 18)
- 2016 Activities 13-18
Moments shared with English friends.